I love drawing, I enjoy making my own clothes, and make my own hand woven products. In my spare time, I love to write my blog, drink tea and browse in charity shops in search of print and colour inspiration.
After graduating in July 2018, I was awarded a weaving placement with Scotgrad in the Orkney Isles. I have been weaving and teaching in Orkney since October 2018. Since then, I have been selected for The FBA Futures at the Mall Galleries and exhibited with The Edition.
My practice is underpinned by drawing from life, and I use my sketchbook to observe people and places that can be so easily overlooked. These drawings find themselves repeated and refined in my paintings, monoprints and etchings, where I can work through an idea and experiment with it closer, try it in different mediums and understand the value and emphasis that can be given to the monotony of everyday life. By using objects that are found in everyday life, the viewer is asked to place value on them
- Mall Galleries: The National Students’ Art Exhibition 2013 (RBA Scholar)
- Mall Galleries: RBA Annual Exhibition 2014
- Turner Contemporary: The John Downton Awards for Young Artists 2015
- Newcastle University Degree Show 2018
- Mall Galleries: FBA Futures 2019
- The Edition: By the River and the Sea 2019
- Draw Durham, Durham University 2017 – Running print making workshops for the public in the City centre
- Pop up Central Arcade, Newcastle 2017 – Director of the project, responsible for; fundraising, admin, curating and the running of printmaking workshops.
- Director, designer and printmaker at indiajohnson.co.uk
- Weaving Tutor, Orkney Creative Hub, Orkney, 2019 – responsible for all designing and weaving an important heritage sample library and developing and teaching new weaving programmes for locals and tourists